Re: missing kernel-devel (was Broken dependencies in EPEL - 2008-06-15)

Matt Domsch wrote:
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 12:38:43PM -0000, Fedora Extras repoclosure wrote:
The results in this summary consider Test Updates!

Summary of broken packages (by owner):

    Matt_Domsch AT dell.com
dkms - 2.0.19.1-1.el4.noarch

    dkms-2.0.19.1-1.el4.noarch  requires  kernel-devel

Last time I looked, kernel-devel is provided by Red Hat in their
packages, as well as CentOS.  Is it somehow excluded from the package
set for the purposes of this repoclosure?

repoclosure (last time I checked) compared requirements within repositories rather then spanning several repositories. I had written a similar utility to check dependencies across repositories[1] but it didn't pass.

Anyway, might that (not crossing repos to fulfill deps) be the actual problem? I haven't looked at it recently.

-Jeroen

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-August/msg01431.html