Re: tcldom build failure

Paul Howarth wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:09:56 -0700
Michael Thomas <wart kobold org> wrote:

I recently built tclxml for EPEL4 and 5, and now I want to build
tcldom, which BuildRequires: tclxml-devel.  The problem is that when
I try to build i386 tcldom on a x86_64 build host, mock pulls in the
x86_64 build of tclxml-devel, not the i386 build:

http://www.kobold.org/~wart/fedora/root.log (line 250)

Here is my epel4 mock config:
http://www.kobold.org/~wart/fedora/epel4.cfg

I also tried using 'setarch i686 mock -r epel4 tcldom-3.1-10.el4.src.rpm', but that didn't change anything.

I've never seen this problem before when building other 32-bit
packages for EPEL or Fedora on a 64-bit build host.  How can I get
mock to pick up the i386 package and not the x86_64 package?

IIRC the plague-results repo contains all architectures so you may end
up pulling in something for the wrong one. Try adding
"exclude=*.x86_64" to your [local] repo config.

That was it.  Thanks!

--Wart