sponsorship from RH ?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun May 25 17:14:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Issues w/ CentOS should be reported to CentOS.
> Issues w/ EPEL should be reported to redhat.

** NOT DIRECTED AT Gilboa **

This comment bugs me to my very core since RedHat has had so little to
do with EPEL.  I'm proud of this fact but it frustrates me not as a RH
employee but as someone that was a Fedora volunteer before I was hired at
RH.  EPEL's steering comittee and much of the work that came to make it a
reality and what it is today was done not by RH but by volunteers.  EPEL
is a team, they get support from Fedora, who gets support from RH sure.
Even the RH employees that were and are involved do a lot of it in their
free time. But EPEL is a team of people and even though it's young, i'ts a
mature organization that can and does deal with its own issues.

	-Mike