Re: Wiki Pages that need love

On 14.10.2008 18:16, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 06:05:56PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusYes OTHO should go; it should never have existed IMHO.
Ville put a little comment for his case, I think this should stay, also
for other who want to put something about what package they want to
maintain or not, but can be merged with the main page.

I'm not sure if that's worth the trouble, as the whole game in 99,5 percent of the cases boils down to "Not maintaining packages in EPEL" and "send Fedora owner a mail and ask what to do".

Example: Say package foo is missing in EPEL; assume further that Hans wants to see it there, but the package is owned by Bill

- if Bill is in ContributorStatusNo then Hans can just request the branch

- if Bill is in ContributorStatusYes, then Hans sends Bill a mail asking how to move on and/or how to share the work

- if Bill is not in ContributorStatus{Yes,No}, then Hans sends Bill a mail asking how to move on and/or how to share the work

- even if Bill has a special note/comment in ContributorStatusYes (like Ville has) then Hans will nevertheless send Bill a mail asking how to move on and/or how to share the work

Thus I'd say ContributorStatusYes is unneeded. But maybe I'm missing a use-case in my example?

Cu
knurd