Re: Wiki Pages that need love

On 14.10.2008 17:49, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:51:33PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
database all the maintainers that maintain at least one EL branch. I'll
mail Toshio to ask whether it is possible. And the text on this page
should certainly be shortened.

Toshio kindly answered me. Currently there is no url that can be used
for that, but he did a simple script to get that information.

The script is here:
http://toshio.fedorapeople.org/pkgdb/id_to_owner.py

The result is here:
http://toshio.fedorapeople.org/pkgdb/epel-owner.txt

/me takes a quick look.

The list contains corsepiu, which according to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusNo
doesn't want to be a EPEL Contributer and according to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugzilla?tg_format=plain
is not maintaining any packages in EPEL directly. Maybe he's co-maintainer somewhere to make sure he sees commits, but the script did not catch that.

And note, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusNo IMHO definitely should stay to give people a chance to say "Please don't bug me with EPEL at all (not even mails asking if I want to maintain the package)" The page IMHO best stays separately and is not merged into http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatus, as that makes using the page contents in scripts a lot easier.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusYes OTHO should go; it should never have existed IMHO.

CU
knurd