Re: portaudio in EL-5?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Michael A. Peters <mpeters mac com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is fixed in the branch for EL-5 - but the fedora
> portaudio RPMs obsolete ESD which causes problems because gnome links
> against ESD.
>
> RPM doesn't handle it well - it blindly removes ESD and installs portaudio
> leaving gnome broken due to lack of shared libraries.
>
> Any EL5 build of port audio must not package the /usr/bin/esd compatibility
> script and must not obsolete ESD. Then it installs just fine, I've done it.

Are you perhaps referring to *pulse*audio?  I'm talking about
*port*audio, which is a completely different beastie.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"