Re: IMPORTANT: NEXT MEETING

On 10.09.2008 22:53, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
2008/9/10 Kevin Fenzi <kevin scrye com>:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:57:28 -0600
smooge gmail com ("Stephen John Smoogen") wrote:

Our next scheduled meeting is Monday 2008-09-15 15:00 UTC. Please send
me a list of topics we need to cover for our first meeting in a long
while. We will be moving this to a weekly meeting so that various
people with random schedules can meet at least 50% of the time.

Just a note: A lot of things IMHO can be done on the list. It's just each "thing" needs someone to drive it forward. But that's the same on IRC as well. ;-)

We need to address the packages in the testing repo that have had long
term broken dependencies. Either by removing them, warning then
removing them, or something.
I am going to say:
"warn to remove by Oct 15th. Remove on 16th"

In the interest of contributers, users and EPEL in general: I'd much prefer if somebody would look at each of the problems and find a individual solution for each of the problems. From looking at the broken deps it seems to me that at least some of them are quite easy to fix. Some others otoh might be quite hard to fix, so removing them really might be the better solution for now.

And no, sorry, I'm not volunteering to do this. I'm quite busy with RPM Fusion stuff right now :-/

CU
knurd