Need to move Monday meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Sep 13 16:42:22 UTC 2008

On 13.09.2008 17:57, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>
>> I'd much prefer to ship the newer libs or those 'core' apps in question in
>> parallel to the packages from EL. That was discussed for speex (a newer one
>> than the one in EL5 is needed by recent asterisk versions iirc) and might
>> solve the problems.
> Me too, except I foresee one problem with this.  Joe User enables the
> EPEL repo, and is ignorant of the fact that it now includes updates to
> packages included in base RHEL. [...]

No, that's not what I meant ;-)

Sorry, should have been more clear in my mail. With "in parallel to the
packages from EL" I meant: EL continues to ship for example speex as
speex-1.0.5-4.el5_1.1, and we ship speex 1.2 as "speex12-1.2-4" or
something with its contents in a special path. Of cause all apps in EPEL
that need that speex then need special treatment to look in that special
path for speex.

Cu
knurd