Re: Need to move Monday meeting

On 13.09.2008 17:57, Jon Stanley wrote:
On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:

I'd much prefer to ship the newer libs or those 'core' apps in question in
parallel to the packages from EL. That was discussed for speex (a newer one
than the one in EL5 is needed by recent asterisk versions iirc) and might
solve the problems.
Me too, except I foresee one problem with this.  Joe User enables the
EPEL repo, and is ignorant of the fact that it now includes updates to
packages included in base RHEL. [...]

No, that's not what I meant ;-)

Sorry, should have been more clear in my mail. With "in parallel to the packages from EL" I meant: EL continues to ship for example speex as speex-1.0.5-4.el5_1.1, and we ship speex 1.2 as "speex12-1.2-4" or something with its contents in a special path. Of cause all apps in EPEL that need that speex then need special treatment to look in that special path for speex.

Cu
knurd