Meeting via Email: Subject 1 Time for meetings

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon Sep 22 16:12:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:53:05 -0600
smooge at gmail.com ("Stephen John Smoogen") wrote:

> Currently EPEL is set to meet every week at Monday 1500 UTC. This is
> 0800 US/Pacific, 1100 US/Eastern, 1600 Western Europe time (during
> summer hours).  It will move to being an hour later soon.
>
> Does this time meet enough people's needs? If we move it later we will
> run into other meetings, but can use #fedora-meeting-2 for that.

Thats fine for me, later would be a bit better, but I can make either.

As a side note, I am not sure the 'fedora-meeting-N' channels are that
usefull. The two advantages of the main meeting channel are:
1) It allows a meeting/discussion thats not interfereing with a groups
primary channel, and 2) it allows people to idle in that room and watch
meetings that they normally wouldn't notice or attend and find out
whats going on in the rest of the project.

For 1) the epel channel is pretty quiet all the time, so meeting there
shouldn't disturb anyone I don't think, and for 2) the fedora-meeting-N
channels don't work unless everyone wants to idle in about 5 additional
channels. ;(

kevin