Re: rhnlib in EPEL overriding RHEL version

Michael A. Peters wrote:

Or perhaps rpm -qi filters it to CentOS since I'm on a CentOS system?
That would be wrong if it does and I highly doubt it would do that -

rpm -qip on the source RPM does it to, but the installed spec file clearly says Red Hat. So it looks like CentOS RPM has a filter patched into it.