Re: is it okay to push 0.7.3 transifex update

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:01:58 +0530
Rakesh Pandit <rakesh pandit gmail com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I would need approval for importing transifex 0.7.x for EPEL 5. As per
> ticket https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1455
> 0.7.x transifex is required for infrastruture update.

Infrastructure has their own repo, so it could just go there. ;)

> For this, I would need approval from steering committee ? (do I need
> to fill in any ticket, in case yes please point out)

It depends. See:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

Does this update change ABI/interfaces from the existing EPEL version?
Does it require manual changes to config files?
If so, then please don't update it.

If it doesn't, then you can build it and make sure it spends at least 2
weeks in updates-testing before pushing it to stable.

> I think I can just import it for infrastruture repo, which I am
> _guessing_ is maintained separatly ? But, in case there is no
> objection in pushing an update to EPEL 5. I will like a vote ?
>
> I have an srpm at:
> http://rakesh.fedorapeople.org/misc/transifex-0.7.3-1.el5.src.rpm

Ask over in #fedora-admin on irc or see the fedora-infrastructure list
for that.