I'm considering orphaning moin in EPEL

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Thu Dec 24 00:02:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:11:26 +0200
Ville-Pekka Vainio <vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:

...snip...

> So, what should we do with moin in EPEL? Is there anyone on the list
> who's interested in taking over the package? If not, I see two
> possibilities here. Either we orphan moin completely, or I ship an
> update to 1.8 (as 1.9 might be a bit too new for a server oriented
> distribution) with a notice saying that those who upgrade are on their
> own with the data migration.

Hopefully someone will be interested in taking it on.

If not, please DO NOT just push an incompatible update.
The only way you can do that is if there is a known security issue and
you can't backport the fix to the old version.

Hopefully someone can figure out how to let it auto update from the
package...

kevin