meetings and some issues

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon Feb 16 20:26:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:22:22 -0500
Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi (kevin at tummy.com) said:
> > - Do we need to do anything to prep for RHEL6? Do we just branch the
> >   things that are already in EPEL5? Or can we look at more than
> > that?
>
> While I'd echo what was said earlier about communication, I would say
> it's definitely too early for you to be doing mass branching for RHEL
> 6.

Totally agreed. I was just wanting to bring up the subject of how we
want to do it down the road. I guess the easy way is to mass branch
EL-5, but there will be some things there that don't build/work. Also,
there will be a bunch more things that now DO work that didn't with
EL-5.

> Do you feel you need to have packages ready *by* beta, or are you OK
> with determining the package set at that time?

Thats fine, I just want to get folks thinking about it...

> Bill

kevin