Is something funny with mock build group?

php 5.2.9 built just dandy for me back in March.

I took src.rpm, merged patches from Fedora CVS for php 5.2.10, builds consistently just dandy outside of mock.

inside of mock, consistently fails.

One thing I noticed is bison isn't installed in mock - I think it use to be w/o explicit BuildRequires - but anyway, I did

rpmbuild -bb > build.log 2> build.log for the outside of mock to see what the problem might be.

Here's where the build log first starts to differe:

From build outside of mock:

+ cd php-5.2.10
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ libtoolize --force --copy
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
++ aclocal --print-ac-dir
+ cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4
+ ./buildconf --force
Forcing buildconf
using default Zend directory
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.59 (ok)
buildconf: Your version of autoconf likely contains buggy cache code.
           Running cvsclean for you.
           To avoid this, install autoconf-2.13.
rebuilding aclocal.m4
rebuilding configure
aclocal.m4:2152: PHP_PROG_LEX is expanded from...
rebuilding main/php_config.h.in
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot' autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
aclocal.m4:2152: PHP_PROG_LEX is expanded from...
+ CFLAGS='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protec tor --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-poin
ter-sign'
+ export CFLAGS
+ EXTENSION_DIR=/usr/lib64/php/modules

from build inside of mock

[...]

-=-

As you can see, outside of mock, right after "rebuilding aclocal.m4" there is a "rebuilding configure" followed by some autoheader stuff that just isn't there when built inside of mock.

I'm betting that's where the issue lies. What is it I need to explicitly BuildRequire, or is this another bug similar to the pam bug where a package should be pulling in deps that it isn't?

CentOS 5.3 mock 0.9.14-1.el5 using CentOS base/updates + epel for dependencies

[groups]
name=groups
baseurl=http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/x86_64/

(fails at same place in i386 build as well)

Thanks for any suggestions.
I probably should try php 5.2.9 again in mock and see if it also now fails. Incidentally, 5.3.0 did build for me in mock, at least on the 30th (but it has issues with eAccelerator).