EPEL meeting summary/minutes - 2009-07-17

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jul 18 20:07:29 UTC 2009

Three quick comments:

On 18.07.2009 21:42, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:16:40 -0500
> inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> PRO: Easily end user visible marker for where a package came from.

Just a side note: this and

> CON: Can be easily spoofed / isn't a sure indicator

this IMHO should be closer to each other in the list, as they are kind
of related ;-)

> (more to add for either list?)

Something I still remember:

CON: It abuses a field that is supposed to be used for version
information (which is used for EVR comparison in rpm and depsolvers) for
something else, which in rare cases can have unwanted side effects

> Can we do something else in these cases? Would a script help?

FWIW, RPM Fusion has this in it's FAQ for Fedora:

"""
How can I list all installed RPM Fusion Packages

Use a command like this on Fedora:

rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME} %{SIGGPG:pgpsig} %{SIGPGP:pgpsig} \n' | grep -e
855099b249c8885a -e 206f8182b1981b68 -e ad2708448fcff4da -e
4d2a1bdc8dc43844 | awk ' { print $1 } ' | sort
"""

Sould be easy to put that in a bash script and add it to
{epel,rpmfusion*}-release

HTH

CU
knurd