RFE: add buildsys-build to comps, add buildsys macros to epel-release

Till Maas till.maas at till.name
Tue Jun 2 19:38:53 UTC 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 15:49:20 Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On May 26, 2009, at 5:08 AM, Till Maas wrote:
> > 1) Currently EPEL only provides a buildsys-build rpm package at:
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/i386/
> >
> > It would be nice to have also a buildsys-build comps group in the
> > EPEL comps
> > file, so one can easier build epel rpms with a gpg check enabled
> > setup.
>
> The EPEL comps file?  We have one of those?  Or would this be a
> separate yumgroups.xml type file specifically used by createrepo?
> Anyway, I think this sounds like a good idea.

There is one:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/comps/comps-el5.xml.in?view=log
I just created the buildsys-build group from the contents of the buildsys-
build package I have. Btw. who maintains the package list for EPEL? I noticed
it differs from the F11 one.

> > 2) Add the rpm macros from
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/i386/buildsys-
> > macros-5-4.el5.noarch.rpm
> >
> > to the epel-release package. In Fedora the dist macro is also in
> > fedora-
> > release. The reason for this is the same as for 1).
>
> I don't see any reason not to do this.

Will you or someone else do this I should/can I do this, too?

Regards
Till