Re: Repository Tagging, why don't we do it?

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Adam Miller<maxamillion gmail com> wrote:
> Sorry to all parties involved if I have brought up old cruft that
> should have been left to the grave but I wasn't aware and was just
> seeking an answer. Thanks to dgilmore for pointing me to the archives,
> I found the thread and read through it.

Its ok... its going to be asked every 6 months no matter what. It is
one of those things that caused a lot of wounds that seem to have
stayed festering. There are technical reasons people wanted it and
there were emotional/psychological reasons (eg identity) people wanted
it. And there were similar reasons 'against' it. In the end one side
got chosen and that's pretty much it.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux