Re: requirements based on application version

Adam Stokes wrote:

I'll look into this virtual provides and see if it meets my needs.

Either the rpm macros will pick it up or they don't.

Example -

[root jerusalem CentOS]# rpm -qp --provides python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.1.x86_64.rpm
_sqlite.so()(64bit)
python-sqlite = 1.1.7-1.2.1

The python-sqlite package provides _sqlite.so() - for packages that use it, they may pick up that it requires _sqlite.so() automatically, so specifying

Requires: python-sqlite

would be redundant.

However, I'm assume this is something that would pop up regularly
especially in languages such as python which tends to shift their
modules around every release : (