Re: stable pushes in the bodhi world

Jon Stanley wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy nobugconsulting ro> wrote:

which is why I suggested the automatic push (unless the package exhibited
problems and received negative karma) after 3 months. which is half the
release cycle of the main distro.

I still don't think that's a good idea. I maintain a few niche
packages (supybot-fedora and supybot-koji) which are semi-critical to
Fedora infrastructure (provides very easy methods to get info out of
pkgdb, FAS, and Koji on IRC).
and both were reviewed by me as soon as I could do it after the bugs were submitted ...

  I can count the number of users of
these packages on one hand (I would say one finger, but I know Kevin
uses at least supybot-fedora ;) )

persuade those < 5 users to give positive feedback via bodhi :) You should already know all of them personally :)

Does this mean that they're not of high quality just because no one
uses them? Of course not.
of course not

Same thing for Michael's packages I'd
assume.  A three month wait to get stuff into stable just seems WAY
too long.  As Kevin has already said, delay !=stable.
Feel free to propose a shoter delay, or another mechanism. I just suggested a default fallback in order to be sure that the packages do not stay forever in testing. We are all open to suggestions, aren't we ?