Re: fakeroot, fakechroot in EPEL 5

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 08:04:20AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 11:46:57AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >> I would like to backport the latest fakeroot and (especially)
> >> fakechroot from Rawhide into EPEL 5, because I'm trying to add some
> >> packages to EPEL which depend on them.
> >
> > ^^^ When I say 'depend on them' I mean 'depend on having the latest
> > version of them'.
> >
> > There are some old versions of fakeroot & fakechroot in EPEL already.
> >
> > Rich.
> >

> Make sure you have checked with the owner of that package (and if its
> you...) and see what packages require the older one in EPEL. If those
> packages need a rebuild we will need to let those people know.

Assuming I'm using the 'repoquery' command correctly, nothing in
EPEL requires fakeroot or fakechroot explicitly.

In Fedora, there is only one package (apart from my own listed in the
original mail) and that is rpmdevtools.

However I think that people will be using fakeroot and fakechroot in
their own scripts.  In know that Axel is.  So I wanted to ask EPEL
developers if they are happy with this move.

Rich.