Re: fakeroot, fakechroot in EPEL 5

Richard W.M. Jones writes:
>   ttf2pt1-0:3.4.4-7.el5.src

ttf2pt1 has a somewhat simplistic Makefile which does a lot of chown
and chgrp.  Rather than patching the Makefile, I run the
"make install" in a fakeroot environment.  (RPM will take care of
setting the real owner and group later on.)  Pretty basic, so I guess
that will still work with a newer version.

In the mass rebuild that was done for Fedora 11 it was build using
fakeroot-1.11-19.fc11, and that apparently worked just fine.
(Assuming I understand the logs correctly.)

We can still do a rebuild after your upgrade, of course.