fakeroot, fakechroot in EPEL 5

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun May 10 07:59:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 08:34:44PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Saturday 09 May 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Is there a way to list all packages in EPEL which BuildRequire
> > fake{ch,}root?
>
> See examples at end of repoquery man page.
>
> repoquery --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="epel*" --whatrequires --alldeps \
> 	--archlist=src fake{ch,}root

I also needed --enablerepo="*source".  Here's the result:

fakeroot:
  ttf2pt1-0:3.4.4-7.el5.src
  debootstrap-0:1.0.7-2.el5.src

fakechroot:
  (nothing)

I have CC'd the owners of ttf2pt1 and debootstrap - Please see the
start of this thread:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2009-May/msg00006.html

I will also test build these packages with the newer fakeroot to see
if there are any problems.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top