SRPMS dropped and added to 5.x

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:17:15 UTC 2009

So its been on my list of things to do for a while to come up with a
list of packages that we conflict/overlap with in upstream RHEL and to
see what packages have changed. I started with package listing but
figured in the end that looking at src.rpm names would be a better as
they would be what we blocked against in koji in the future:

Packages dropped from RHEL-5.1 -> RHEL-5.4
cachefilesd
frysk
gfs2-kmod
sysreport

Packages added from RHEL-5.1 -> RHEL-5.4
blktrace
celt051
cmirror
cmirror-kmod
compat-libcom_err
crash-spu-commands
dapl
dstat
e4fsprogs
ecryptfs-utils
etherboot
fcoe-utils
fipscheck
freeipmi
fuse
gcc44
gnupg2
gtk-vnc
hmaccalc
iasl
ibsim
infiniband-diags
isns-utils
java-1.6.0-openjdk
ktune
kvm
libassuan
libcmpiutil
libcxgb3
libehca
libhbaapi
libhbalinux
libibcm
libibcommon
libibmad
libibumad
libibverbs
libipathverbs
libksba
libmlx4
libmthca
libnes
libpciaccess
librdmacm
libsdp
libsmi
libspe2
libvirt-cim
log4cpp
mpi-selector
mpitests
mstflint
mvapich
mvapich2
nedit
nspluginwrapper
ofed-docs
opensm
openswan
pdksh
perftest
perl-Config-General
perl-Sys-Virt
pexpect
pinentry
pth
python-iniparse
python-setuptools
qcairo
qffmpeg
qlvnictools
qperf
qpixman
qspice
rds-tools
rsyslog
setroubleshoot-plugins
sgpio
srptools
system-config-netboot
tpm-tools
trousers
tvflash
udftools
virt-viewer
wacomexpresskeys
wdaemon
xorg-x11-drv-qxl
xorg-x11-xdm
xulrunner
yum-updatesd
--------------------

Here are the source rpms in the epel SRPMS tree that duplicate stuff
in the RHEL SRPMS
blktrace
dstat
gnupg2
libassuan
libksba
nedit
perl-Config-General
perl-Net-Telnet
pinentry
pth
python-setuptools

Packages in the repo that conflict with RHEL-5.4 packages are:

blktrace
dstat
gnupg2
libassuan-devel