New git in EPEL?

After some discussion in IRC (Fedora-admin) we are wondering if
pushing a new git in EPEL is a good idea.  There are some changes such
as git-command vs git command.  So there could be some breakage.

Should we push a new git and cause some breakage or stick with old-n-busted?

My thoughts are to push out a new one, since I think if you are using
git, you curse everytime you touch this old crusty thing :)

stahnma