New git in EPEL?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:07:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Michael Stahnke <mastahnke at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As per the new EPEL policy that was voted on recently, the push of that
>> update is not allowed unless there is a justification due to security
>> vulnerability.
>>
>> -Adam (From Android)
>
> Where was this vote? I know I missed a couple of EPEL meetings, was it recently?

It was recent. The basics are:

1) Updates/upgrades are ok as long as they do not break compatibility
or require manual intervention to get working.
2) If an update/upgrade will break the release, the package is
affected by a security problem then an update is allowed if it is
announced and I think, gets a month of testing in epel-testing.
3) Otherwise either a clean fix needs to be made or the package is not
to be upgraded.

And yes this needs to be written up but crap the whole EPEL wiki needs
a rewrite.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning