R-hdf5

Aaron Knister aaron.knister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:46:55 UTC 2009

I just installed R-hdf5 and received this error message from the postscript:

/home/aaronk/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.80148: line 1:
/usr/lib64/R/doc/html/search/index.txt: No such file or directory
error: %post(R-hdf5-1.6.6-1.el5.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

 I also can't uninstall the rpm without using the --noscripts option
because of the samepostscript error. The postscripts are listed below:

[root at n1 ~]# rpm -q --scripts R-hdf5
postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
cat /usr/lib64/R/library/*/CONTENTS > /usr/lib64/R/doc/html/search/index.txt
postuninstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
cat /usr/lib64/R/library/*/CONTENTS > /usr/lib64/R/doc/html/search/index.txt

It appears that /usr/lib64/R/doc doesn't exist- hence the errors.

After looking at a few other R "plugins" I saw that they use
/usr/lib/rpm/R-make-search-index.sh in the post scripts which seems to
perform the same function as the current postscripts in R-hdf5 but
among other things, uses existing paths.

I've attached a patch for the spec file for R-hdf5 that uses
/usr/lib/rpm/R-make-search-index.sh instead of what it's currently
doing that's causing errors. I also added a require for R-core, since
/usr/lib/rpm/R-make-search-index.sh is provided by R-core.

If it's deemed acceptable would it possible to get this patch
incorporated and get a new build pushed out?

Thanks!

-Aaron