Re: guestfish/libguestfs takes legacy qemu instead of kvm?

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 12:05:58PM +0800, Kirby Zhou wrote:
> guestfish takes legacy qemu instead of kvm?
> ]# rpm -q libguestfs --requires | fgrep qemu
> qemu-system-x86 >= 0.10.5

To make it clear, this is EPEL-5.  There was some still unresolved
problem with adding a dependency on KVM:

As a result, we have to depend on qemu (software emulation) instead.
However you can easily change this at runtime by setting the
LIBGUESTFS_QEMU environment variable:

In RHEL 6 it's all going to be different again.  The same
qemu-system-x86 RPM is actually KVM.  We combine qemu and KVM sources
during the build to make a 'qemu-kvm' binary which can do both
software emulation (TCG) and hardware virt (KVM).

> [ djt_10_48 ~]# guestfish -i kvm-rhel5guest
> Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated: No such
> file or directory

This is just a warning -- ignore it.