Re: Mock for EPEL4 with broken deps for ages

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 15:18, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt gmail com> wrote:

> That's for a Fedora 12 bug report. The proposed final patch replaces just
> a few lines.  No EPEL4 specific bugs mentioned. Not even the jump from
> 0.7.2 to 1.0.1 was warned about.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies#Package_maintenance_and_update_policy
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#How_does_Fedora_Project_ensure_the_quality_of_the_packages_in_EPEL.3F
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#How_long_are_EPEL_packages_updated.3F
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#How_can_we_be_sure_that_someone_will_maintain_the_packages_until_end_of_life_of_the_distribution_the_packages_were_built_for.3F
>
> Hmmm... a clever combination of FAQs.

The best thing about EPEL is that there are no " the EPEL project
leaders" beyond those that are interested in the project. Since you
have expressed a lot of interest in things.. what are your ideas on
how we can fix this problem?

1) We should  remove the FAQ documents?
2) Would you like to be the EPEL-EL4 Tsar to deal with these issues?
3) Etc?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.