HEADS UP. CouchDB will be upgraded from 0.10.2 to 0.112 in Fedora 12, Fedora 13, EPEL 5

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:59:21 UTC 2010

Just forgot to CC to EPEL-deel.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com>
Date: 2010/8/23
Subject: HEADS UP. CouchDB will be upgraded from 0.10.2 to 0.112 in
Fedora 12, Fedora 13, EPEL 5
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel at lists.fedoraproject.org>

Hello.

I would like to upgrade CouchDB from 0.10.2 to 0.11.2 due to the
combination of the following facts:

* Upstream canceled support for 0.10.x changing its status to
"obsolete" and highly encourages all users to upgrade to 0.11.2.
* There is known severe issue in 0.10.2 fixed in both 0.11.2 and in 1.0.1
* Lots of people asking about this update.

Fortunately all your data will be safe during upgrade but
unfortunately *some* homemade end-user applications (not available in
Fedora/EPEL) will require changing. See the following page for
additional details:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes#Changes_Between_0.11.0_and_0.11.1
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes#Changes_Between_0.10.x_and_0.11.0

If nobody objects then I plan to build and push into *-testing this
weekend. Until then I'll take a closer look at incompatible changes
and will try to ensure that no data will be lost during upgrade.
--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.