Upgrade hack for bacula in EPEL5

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Mon Feb 8 18:45:29 UTC 2010

Am 08.02.2010 18:36, schrieb Toshio Kuratomi:
> The tar files there are giving me permission denied

[x] fixed

I think I forgot to mention one limitation of the upgrade hack:
bacula has several database backends - however these are not pluggable
(e.g. dlopen/so file). Therefore we have packages like
bacula-directory-sqlite and bacula-director-mysql. Currently you can
have both installed in parallel but use just one of them (that's where
the alternatives come into play).

With the upgrade hack, the different db specific packages will conflict
with each other. If a user has such a configuration he can not upgrade
without removing one of the packages before.

fs