RFE: add buildsys-build to comps, add buildsys macros to epel-release

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Feb 11 23:08:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 01:38:27PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:40:40 +0100
> Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
>
> > Another three weeks have passed without any progress, so I will
> > create a review request for buildsys-macros.
>
> Can you not simply pull buildsys-macros into a local repo and sign it
> there?

I could also just maintain all my packages only in a local repo, but
this is not what a FOSS community is about.

> I'm not opposed to signing it, but Dennis is. You will need to convince
> him before it happens I'm afraid.

This seems to be impossible, as he seems to ignore me, e.g. he did not
answer any of my mails here except the first one, even though I
addressed his concerns and his only reaction on IRC that I am aware of,
is that he will close my review request without any further explanatory
statement. But on the other hand, he did not even close it after I
pointed him to it.

Nevertheless, I am now trying to directly persuade the assignee of the
redhat-release component to give me a statement of whether this will
ever changed or not in RHEL, or maybe it will even be changed, which I
somehow doubt, as it was not even changed for a stable Fedora release.

Regards
Till