qemu-img in EPEL overrides kvm-qemu-img in RHEL

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 02:52:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM, David Juran <djuran at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Back again to the discussion about EPEL packages that override their
>> RHEL counterparts...
>
> Thanks for reminding this. Oi this is going to cause some pain. I have
> been doing just source name conflicts/overrides and not provide
> overrides. Am hoping to get something together this wekend to catch
> these.

Ok one issue I found is that this package does not seem to be on the
DVD's I was using to test for incompatibilities (it also turns out
that this is x86_64 only which I hadn't looked at stupid me).
Thankfully CentOS does have them on the DVD's so I have switched to
using them for the tests. The script I am using needs a lot of
tweaking still things like ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick both provide
vicar.so but not in conflicting ways.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning