Summary/Minutes from todays EPEL meeting - 2010-01-15

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon Jan 18 17:39:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:10:23 +0100
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> Please explain from which repos RHEL-AP is composed for both RHEL 4
> and 5. Maybe I am really the only maintaining packages in EPEL, but I
> do only know kind of how CentoOS works and is splitted in
> Repositories. But they use RHEL AS afaics, so their package set
> already seems to differ.

I'm not 100% sure here now that I think about it.
(I am also mainly a centos user).

I think this is everything thats produced from:
(for 5):

/pub/ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Client
/pub/ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/

(for 4):
/pub/ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os

Can someone with more understanding of RHEL channels confirm that?

> Also the mock config should probably be configured to use only the
> packages from CentOS that are supposed to exist in BuildRoots for
> EPEL.

I think thats the case, as CentOS base uses this same set.
(At least that was my understanding).

kevin