Re: EPEL Packages in need of building for EL-6

On 01/07/10 09:40, tremble fedoraproject org wrote:

Dear Package owner,

On Monday June 28th at the EPEL meeting on IRC we agreed to an initial
target date of August 15th for having all packages built for EL-6.

This is a summary of EPEL packages for Enterprise Linux 6 that you own
which have not yet been built.

Owner: pghmcfc
gtkwave

Current versions of gtkwave that I'd like to build in EL-6 use the Judy array library, which is not yet in EPEL. I wrote to the maintainer some time ago about this but haven't seen a response. The version of the library in Fedora isn't recent either, so perhaps the maintainer is AWOL. Haven't had time to investigate that yet.

perl-Text-SpellChecker

This is built on Text::Aspell, which in turn is built on aspell. Whilst aspell is included in EL-6, it's only there for the purposes of building the hunspell dictionaries and there are no aspell dictionaries available (#590700). I think the way forward here is to bring aspell-en (at least) into EPEL-6. I don't know if the aspell-en maintainer is willing to do that themselves yet. I did look at the Text::Hunspell module as an alternative approach but it's broken (CPAN RT#39824) and seems to be dead upstream (upstream doesn't know how to fix it anyway), which is a shame given that it's the official perl binding of hunspell.

Paul.