Re: EPEL Packages in need of building for EL-6

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:17:27 +0100
Mark Chappell <tremble tremble org uk> wrote:

> > I would like to revert the EL-5 distribution back to its previous
> > version; i.e.,
> >       http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/cppad/EL-5/
> > before its previous commit and previous
> >      make tag
> >      make build
> > Is there a standard procedure for doing this ?
>
> As far as the EPEL-5 distribution is concerned, if you didn't push the
> update through bodhi, it's fine don't worry that it's gone into Koji.
> I don't know CVS well enough to know how to cleanly revert (I
> generally use Subversion or Git)

I suppose you could untag the package in koji, and then just commit a
older version back to cvs.

Are you needing to update the older version? Or just don't want the
newer one to go out until you fix it up?

> I've CCed in the EPEL devel list which almost certainly includes a
> number of people more familiar with CVS than myself and can tell you
> the two liner to revert back to the cppad-20080403-3_el5 tag.

koji untag-pkg --help

If you expand a bit more on exactly what you built and what you want to
do we can give more detailed info.