Re: EPEL Packages in need of building for EL-6

The new version of my spec file has
    Version: 20100101.4
    Release: 1%{?dist}
The previous version has
    Version: 20080403
    Release: 3%{?dist}

I mistakenly checked in and did a
    make tag
    make build
with the new version and wish to go back to the old version
(I changed EL-5 when I meant to change EL-6).

Using cvs, I could revert my spec file to its previous version. Then change the release to
    Version: 20080403
    Release: 4%{?dist}
then add a comment in the log that release 4 is the same as release 3,
then revert by sources and .cvsignore files, then commit the changes in cvs, then do
    make tag
    make build

1. Would this work ?
2. Is this the best way to revert to a previous release ?