EPEL Packages in need of building for EL-6

Mark Chappell tremble at tremble.org.uk
Wed Jul 14 13:35:37 UTC 2010

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 08.07.2010, 08:36 +0000 schrieb Mark Chappell:
>> Dear Package owner,
>
> [snipped]
>
> Mark, there is not much use in sending me the same message twice,
> instead I'd prefer somebody answering to my reply of July 1st.

The email was automated, and it was requested that I send it out again.

I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your previous message.  For what it's
worth I believe that Kevin Fenzi is working on LXDE

> How can I orphan a branch that is not even in place?

The way that script works it talks direct to the packagedb so packagedb
thinks it's branched and could therefore be orphaned/retired.  Do you
have an example of a package for which you think a branch is not in place?

As for the packages that should be retired, all EPEL devs were asked to
place nobranch files into the EL-5 branch prior to the branching for
EL-6, several months ago.  Just use the nice big "Retire package" button
in pkgdb.

Mark