Re: mod_wsgi

On 03/09/2010 05:13 PM, Josh Kayse wrote:
On 03/09/2010 04:34 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:
On 08/03/10 21:00, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 01:13:01PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Josh Kayse<josh kayse gtri gatech edu>    wrote:

I have recently acquired mod_wsgi commit permissions and am going through
some of the open bugs for it on bugzilla.  According to [1], and from my
testing, mod_wsgi and mod_python conflict resulting in apache segfaulting.
    The policy currently states that no packages in EPEL may conflict with a
package from Red Hat Base.  Technically, mod_wsgi and mod_python conflict
with each other, but mod_python is optional.

Oi this is where lawyers are born.. because it looks like we are going
to have enough corner cases that the policy is going to be 10 miles
long to cover them all.

EPEL packages can Conflict with RHEL-AP packages, but they can't willy
nilly replace them. I would rather have an explicit conflict with
mod_wsgi and mod_python in packages than have broken systems. Would a
Conflicts cause any other issues between two repositories?

Question: For mod_wsgi/mod_python Can we do something like this (note:
I don't know what the real apache syntax would be or if it's quite
possible):

<IfNotModule mod_python.c>
LoadModule mod_wsgi.so
</IfNotModule>

The syntax would be:

<IfModule !mod_python.c>
       LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
</IfModule>

Note that this can still cause breakage if apache parses mod_python's
LoadModule after mod_wsgi's though.

True, but in the out-of-the-box configuration, mod_python would be
loaded first from /etc/httpd/conf.d/python.conf and then mod_wsgi from
/etc/httpd/conf.d/wsgi.conf based on alphabetical order.

Paul.

Would there be any opposition to me going ahead and deploying a new
version of mod_wsgi (3.1) with an updated wsgi.conf with this configuration?

BJ, would this be an acceptable resolution to your bug?

-josh

Aaaaaannnnddddd, upon further testing, it appears mod_wsgi 3.1+ and mod_python 3.2.8 can coexist together. Seeing as how this eliminates the conflict I think updating to 3.2 is the best course of action. Does anyone see a problem with this?

-josh