Re: EPEL-6 Plan of attack

Am 16.03.2010 18:38, schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
We will give 2 weeks from announcement before we setup the cvs branches.  this
will let us make sure anything thats in EL-6 gets nobranch files   we will be
branching EL-6 branches from F-12 branches

Two weeks are probably a bit too short for me, especially when I want to update some packages to newer versions. So in that case it is acceptable to put a nobranch file in CVS 'need more time before branching'?

IMHO it's quite risky to have this short two week update window. Actually the branched software should be supported for at least 7 years. Users expect that we stay compatible with the first released version.

So maybe it's better to make building opt-in?

fs