python26 note

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Oct 5 06:34:31 UTC 2010

> Could you tell me why you need to have a python-2.6 version of virtualenv?
> My use of virtualenv has been as a program rather than as a library.  As
> a program, the python-virtualenv package should be able to create a python26
> virtualenv just as easily as it can create a python24 virtualenv.

Actually I had tried this but it had failed somehow (we were in the
middle of debugging the deployment of a pretty complex app integrating
Django with Tomcat etc.)
Then I had deployed virtualenv manually, and then thought I should
build a python-* package.

I tried again on a clean settings and you're right, it works:
sudo virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python26 /opt/geonode3

So, good news, we can forget about this one.