cfengine v puppet

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:57:04 UTC 2010

> Hmm.  I've been meaning to check out puppet for a while and I suppose this
> is the time to do it.  Any good comparisons of the strengths/weakeness of
> puppet v cfengine3?

There's a decent amount of material available, both from the
Puppetlabs and cfengine side.

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Transitioning_From_Cfengine
is often a decent place to start.

In my experience, either one can be used to manage systems.  They
approach the problem-set quite differently though.  When forced
between moving from cfengine 2 to 3 or to puppet, my work chose
puppet, and hasn't regretted it.  I could offer a lot more opinion and
information, but it may end up sounding too much like a commercial for
list discussion.

stahnma