python26-* branches?

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to request an el5 branch for the python-flask
package I maintain in Fedora. Flask requires Python 2.5+, so I'm
expecting this to be python26-flask in el5.

I'm curious if anyone can speak to how they're maintaining git
branches for a package that will have a different name in each branch.
i.e.

python-flask for el6, f14, f15, devel
python26-flask for el5

Do you keep them in separate directories and merge into the python26-* side?

Also, will I need a new review request or can it be branched with a
fedora-cvs? flag on my original python-flask review?

Thanks for the clue,

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services