Re: pmacct package proposal

On 08/03/2011 01:42 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Hi Manuel,

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

%if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
%else
Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
%endif
did you define and pass to rpmbuild one of the variables which triggers
the first branch of the test ? By default these variables are not
defined and therefore the whole branch is skipped. in koji the needed
variables are defined by the build environment but for local builds you
must define them yourself, as appropriate for your use case.
Ah, I didn't know that. Is there a sensible way to detect the distro
automatically
none that I know of. Since the era I was not using mock / koji, I have an assortment of defines in my ~/.rpmmacros, similar to
    %dist .el5
    %el5 1

so that users can run rpmbuild without worrying about
unusual/non-standard command-line options and it will just work?

Cheers, Chris.