Smarty 3 and Template Inheritance RPM package?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Aug 25 14:03:27 UTC 2011

Thanks for Smarty 2.6.x which works fine on Centos 5.6

I see that Smarty 3 supports Template Inheritance:

Template inheritance is an approach to managing templates
that resembles object-oriented programming techniques.
Instead of the traditional use of {include ...} tags to
manage parts of templates, you can inherit the contents of
one template to another (like extending a class) and change
blocks of content therein (like overriding methods of a
class.) This keeps template management minimal and
efficient, since each template only contains the differences
from the template it extends.

Any ideas when Smarty 3 will be made available from the EPEL
repo please, as I'd like to get on with using template
inheritance, which is not available in Smarty 2.6.x

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net