Re: Possible new maintainer

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 09:58 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> David Juran wrote:
> > facter is part of the MRG Grid add-on and if I remember correctly
> > (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#Does_EPEL_replace_packages_provided_within_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_or_layered_products.3F)
> > overriding packages from add-ons is not allowed. So if you do push
> > this version, please make sure it won't override the version
> > supplied by Red Hat.

> Are we really not supposed to override packages from places like MRG?
> Is MRG available to CentOS and Scientific Linux users like other parts
> of RHEL?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I know it's been discussed on this list back
and forth a few times but I can't recall the outcome so I just pulled
the above FAQ out from google... Can anyone else  on the list recall?

> As a maintainer, how can I check what versions are provided by MRG?

I wish there was an easy way of doing this, but you'll find the SRPM:s
of MRG in

David Juran
Sr. Consultant
Red Hat