amavisd-new for EPEL6?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Sat Mar 5 13:10:19 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-05, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>> and everything passes a trivial build and start test on RHEL6 -- so=20
>> should I take over maintainership of these all, and submit them=20
>> following the Join_the_package_collection_maintainers routine ?
>
> Well, there's (at least) one additional monkey wrench in this:
>
> recently we revamped clamav in EPEL.
> We need to fix up amavisd-new to handle the new clamav.
>
> So, if you could modify the package for the new clamav that would be
> outstanding. ;)

I just tested upgrading to this clamav from epel-6-testing, and can't
see any immediate problems. Any hints to what you expect there to be
of problems here ?

	# rpm -qa|egrep 'amavis|clam'
	amavisd-new-snmp-2.6.4-1.oc3.noarch
	clamav-db-0.97-3.el6.x86_64
	amavisd-new-2.6.4-1.oc3.noarch
	clamav-0.97-3.el6.x86_64
	clamd-0.97-3.el6.x86_64

and amavisd finds both the primary and secondary scanners on startup:

	Mar  5 12:33:14 asav amavis[14306]: Using primary internal av scanner code for ClamAV-clamd
	Mar  5 12:33:14 asav amavis[14306]: Found secondary av scanner ClamAV-clamscan at /usr/bin/clamscan

Haven't tested any scanning yet, because this RHEL6 based mailserver
isn't complete yet..

> Additionally, if we can get one of the amavisd-new maintainers to offer
> to mentor you, we can sponsor you that way. See:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#=
> Become_a_comaintainer

I'll look into it, thanks!

  -jf