The great wiki repave of 2011

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Mar 19 20:17:08 UTC 2011

Greetings.

I just spent my saturday afternoon landing the redesigned wiki pages
and cleaning up links, etc. :)

So, the new wiki pages are LIVE!

Please start here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

If folks could look at that page and all those linked from it for:

* typos
* links that aren't right
* places where we could reword or add info

That would be great.

New pages are:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/History_and_Philosophy_of_EPEL <- needs lots of work
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Joining_EPEL
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_QA
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Package_Maintainers
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Marketing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Updates_Policy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_incompatible_upgrades_policy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_SIG (reworked to add meeting info/agenda)

There are 2 old pages that we should also look at further and see if we
can fold information from them into the existing new pages:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

These pages contain great info, but it's very verbose, and I think we
could move it around to existing pages and reword. Help very welcome
there.

I am going to mail our wiki admin to archive all the rest of the older
EPEL pages now. (I'll save off the above 2 in case we need them).

Hopefully this will be better for everyone and we can build on these!

kevin