Re: How to prevent accidental EPEL updates of RHEL-core packages?

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:52:22 +0200
Alan Pevec <apevec gmail com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this update shouldn't have been pushed b/c python-sphinx is in core
> RHEL:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2011-5268/python-sphinx-1.0.8-1.el6

Yeah. ;(

Can you file a bug on it so the maintainer can end of life it?

> Is there any check in place to prevent updates breaking the rule
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies#Policy_for_Conflicting_Packages
> ?

Nope. We have talked about setting something up, but it's not trivial
to implement. ;( If you want to work on it, happy to help.

> In the first place, I guess python-sphinx shouldn't have el6 branch
> at all.

Indeed. It should be dead.packaged.