Filtering Provides for RHEL5

Hi,

I'm trying to repackage a binary distribution of an application. The internal RPM dependency generator does pick up a few internal shared objects and adds them to 'Provides'; I don't like this provides in this specific case and would like to filter them out.

Currently this wiki page[1] only displays a method for perl; are there any other alternatives for example to filter provides (post-scan filtertering), for example a shared object in %{_libdir}/%{name} ?

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filtering

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques