A few more questions:
- Who is going to write/maintain this plugin? :)
- How do you plan on making sure everyone using EPEL is using the
plugin? Have a Requires in epel-release? That strikes me as pretty
- Who is going to update all the compose/build tools/scripts to handle
- How is the metadata added? By maintainer? What if they don't update
- What are the metadata keywords?
* Breakable = excluding this update because it needs intervention
* Insecure = this package is no longer updated and insecure
- How do you handle trains of updates?
foo-1.0-1 pushes out to stable
foo-2.0-1 pushes out, marked 'breakable' because you have to manually
foo-3.0-1 comes out, it's compatible with 2.0-1, no changes needed.
Does someone still on 1.0-1 get upgraded to 3.0-1 since it's not